People around the world are fascinated by Dubai’s modern architecture and world-class facilities. Dubai is home to Burj Khalifa – the tallest building, Dubai Mall – the biggest mall, and now Deep Dive Dubai – the world’s deepest pool.
Fascinating Things about Deep Dive Dubai’s Construction
The construction of Deep Dive Dubai was a complex and challenging undertaking, but the result is a truly remarkable engineering achievement. The pool is a testament to the ingenuity and creativity of the engineers and architects who designed and built it. If you want to experience this astounding facility, Nemo Diving Center offers a wide range of diving packages including Dive in Deep Dive Dubai.
- The construction of Deep Dive Dubai began in 2019 and was completed in 2021. The pool was officially opened to the public in July 2021.
- At 60 meters deep, the one-of-a-kind pool is recognized by Guinness World Records as the deepest swimming pool for diving in the whole world. It has a remarkable storage capacity of 14 million liters of water, equal to a whopping six Olympic-sized pools.
- Deep Dive Dubai is also noted for its innovative design which is shaped like an oyster that covers an area of more than 1,500 square meters. The unique design pays tribute to Dubai’s pearl-diving heritage.
- Make your scuba diving UAE a memorable experience by plunging into the world’s deepest pool which is constructed like a sunken city complete with furnished apartments and garages. The whole vibe creates a unique and immersive experience for divers.
- A specialized sound system enables the staff to communicate with the divers and play music.
- The state-of-the-art pool is housed in a deep shaft that extends 18 stories below the surface. The shaft is formed from a precast concrete tube that’s reinforced with 1.5 meters of concrete around it. This is to ensure that the shaft can withstand the immense pressure of the water weight.
- The pool has an incredible water filtration system wherein the fresh water is filtered and disinfected by UV reactors every six hours. This helps guarantee the cleanliness and safety of the water for snorkelers and divers.
- The pool has a sophisticated environmental control system that maintains the temperature of 30° C, and humidity of the air and water at optimal levels.
- Another safety feature of Deep Dive Dubai is the installation of underwater cameras, sensors, and alarms. Aside from these technological features, there are also experienced lifeguards on duty at all times. It is also equipped with an advanced 12-person hyperbaric chamber in case of an emergency.
- Visitors can also enjoy the facility by dining in its restaurant overlooking the pool. This allows non-divers to experience this remarkable aquatic attraction even without diving.
The construction of Deep Dive Dubai was a complex and challenging undertaking, but the result is a truly remarkable engineering achievement. The pool is a testament to the ingenuity and creativity of the engineers and architects who designed and built it.