One of the exciting things about being a passionate scuba diver is getting your own scuba equipment. When you buy your own gear, you’re assured of comfort and fit. You don’t have to worry about the challenges of ill-fitting rental equipment which can ruin the fun of diving. Another advantage is familiarity. When you know where everything is and understand how every component works, it enhances underwater safety.
The regulator is a key element of your diving equipment that’s why it’s important to make the right choice. In this COVID-19 pandemic, it’s highly advisable to invest in your own equipment, especially those that come into contact with your face and mouth.
Advantages of getting your own scuba regulator
Maintenance and Safety
When you have your own scuba regulator, you are fully aware of the condition of your equipment and when it was last serviced. You also know where it has been and who has been using it. Knowing these things promotes a high level of security and safety. When you’re confident that your gear is safe and in great condition, it frees your mind from worries so you can focus more on the fun part of diving.
Owning scuba gear gives you the privilege of personalizing it according to your own preferences. You can personalize it based on your diving style, condition, and environment. This is something you cannot do with rental equipment. Most rental gears are also entry-level regulators so you might feel limited, especially if you want special features and higher performance.
When you have a scuba regulator, you don’t have to worry about the availability in a dive rental shop. There’s no need to make reservations because you’re bringing your own when you go diving. Having your scuba gear is not only safe but convenient and stress-free.
Tecline R-2 Series
If you’re thinking of getting your own regulator, we recommend Tecline R-2 Regulators because they are designed, tested, and certified according to the world’s highest standards. Get in touch with our dive shop Dubai and we’ll be happy to tell you more about our quality equipment and scuba diving dubai deals.
1st stage – R2 TEC
- EN: 250: 2014 Certified – This is the highest quality rating for scuba regulators that ensures a minimum level of safe operation of the device up to a maximum depth of 50 m.
- Balanced diaphragm
- Dry chamber + cold kit
- Maritime bronze body
- ⅘ LP / 2 HP ports
- Maximum operational pressure: 300 Bar
- Rotating Swivel Turret
- 5th LP port (optional)
2nd stage – TEC2 (Total weight of 230 g)
- Pneumatically balanced
- Venturi effect adjustment
- Low breathing resistance
- DFS: Direct Flow System
- Ergonomic mouthpiece
- Heat exchanger (additional freezing protection)
- Solid body (resistant to temperature changes)
- Stainless steel outer ring
10-year extended warranty period
If you purchase a Techline regulator, register your gear to enjoy an extended warranty period of 10 years. You can expect professional quality support including exclusive updates and offers.
The warranty is valid for 10 years from the date it was purchased and subject to the following conditions:
- The regulator was purchased from an authorized Techline dealer like Nemo Diving Center.
- The regulator is registered in the Techline Support System.
- The owner of the regulator is on the warranty card.
- Maintenance service must be performed at least once a year
- Maintenance must be according to official procedures by an authorized Techline technician.