When you find an activity that you’re very passionate about, you’re motivated to become better at it. For a new diver, buying your own scuba diving gear is a big step that strengthens your commitment. Purchasing your dive gear is also part of the joy of learning to dive.
Deciding to buy your dive gear is a personal choice and divers may choose to get their gear at different times. Some divers buy their initial gear upon getting their first certification as a way of celebrating their achievement. Other divers prefer to gain more diving experience before getting their personal dive equipment.
If you’re ready for your first purchase, it’s advisable to start with the basic gear like the scuba mask that you will need for your courses and actual dive trips.
Tecline Frameless II Mask Divided Screen
One of the most important pieces that you can own is the scuba mask. When you have your own mask, you can be confident that it’s a perfect fit. Unlike a rental scuba mask that may not fit you well and affect your comfort underwater. Another drawback of an ill-fitting mask is the possibility of dealing with leaks. Nothing beats owning a scuba mask that you’ve personally chosen to match your comfort.
The Tecline Frameless II Mask Divided Screen is a stylish and modern mask that is designed with a flexible silicone skirt to provide a perfect watertight fit. It comes in classic black matt. The mask allows you to enjoy a 170-degree view of the underwater world with its large viewing angle. The wide-angle view also makes it easy to read gauges and see hand signals while scuba diving. The Tecline Frameless II Mask Divided Screen costs around 206 AED.
- Low weight
- New strap mounting
- Metal buckles
- 170-degree wide-angle view
Visit our dive shop Dubai to see more of Techline’s range of options on masks. If you like fun colors, we have neon pink and orange Techline Frameless Superview Masks which cost around 348 AED.
How to determine a good watertight fit
- Face up and look at the ceiling. Then gently place the mask on your face without attaching the strap. The mask should fit evenly on both sides of your face with no gaps.
- When putting a regulator in your mouth, it should feel comfortable with no gaps.
- Face forward and gently place the mask on your face without attaching the strap. Next, gently inhale through your nose which should seal the mask easily on your face.
- Repeat the number 3 step but this time with a mouthpiece in place.
- If the mask has held up this far then it’s a good sign. The next thing you should do is adjust the strap and put it on your face. Check to ensure that the nose pocket is not touching your nose and the skirt feels just right on the upper lip.
- The last step is putting the regulator mouthpiece again to ensure that you can easily access the nose pocket to equalize your ears.
If you need guidance in choosing the right mask for you, our instructors are always ready to help. Just come by our dive shop and we’ll have you outfitted. Don’t forget to check our scuba diving Dubai deals to get the best offers.
Having your own diving equipment is also a safety advantage during these unprecedented times because you don’t have to share it with other divers. Make sure that you sanitize your dive equipment before and after use to reduce risk of infection. Enjoy a rewarding dive by embracing safe and responsible scuba diving habits.